Hello

I'm Seaside Tracie, I've always loved making 'stuff' and finding 'stuff', this blog will be filled with 'stuff' that inspires me.....and anything I love enough to share. Along the way I'll include 'stuff' I've made that you'll be able to buy.....

Monday 9 January 2012

Just when you think......

your life is going pear shaped and there is so much stressing you out.....and you're getting REALLY fed up, life seems to have a way of telling you "Ha, so you think your life is stressfull ....you think you're having a tough time eh?" and shows you that really....it's not so bad.
This morning, on my usual 'papers and coffee' run I was walking along the seafront feeling a little bit stressed and overwhelmed thinking about my very imminent house move....and all the 'stuff' I still have to do....and to be honest,feeling a bit sorry for myself.
I spotted a lady I've worked with on occasion at the Tourist Information Kiosk....I do voluntary work there once a week in the summer. She was having a coffee on the balcony of a seafront hotel, anyway, she called me over asking me if I had a moment to chat.
Over a coffee and ciggie she told me that last week she'd had a fire at her house and her and her husband were living at the hotel until the insurance company sorted them suitable accomodation whilst the house was being sorted.
She was wearing borrowed clothes, and had lost everything....apart from a Calender Girls style calender her husband had had made for her for Christmas with pics of him!!
I went home and bagged up all the clothes I don't need/wear and dropped them off at the hotel .......

It certainly put my worries into perspective.........


No comments:

Post a Comment